Your Child’s Journey to School Blogs: An introduction!
Your Child’s Journey to School Blog 1:
We’ve received a really helpful “Guide to preparing your child for nursery and school” by Nottinghamshire County Council, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and Nottinghamshire Children and Families Partnership.
It contains some hugely useful info about the milestones your child should be reaching and when, plus tips, hints and checklists to help parents and carers with their little one’s development.
Copies will be floating round the foyer area of Playgroup for anyone to read, or if you’d like one to take home and digest, please ask Tracey or any member of the team who will be happy to help.
In the meantime, we’ll be using the content of the guide to inform our next few blogs. We hope you will find this useful!
“You can help your child... prepare for their early years education… by:
• Having fun - talking, playing and sharing everyday experiences.
• Supporting their language development - sing songs and nursery rhymes, share books and chat face to face.
• Talking through their feelings and emotions.
• Making sure they have ample time to sleep, relax and play.
• Providing opportunities for them to socialise with others of all ages outside the immediate family.
• Teaching them to do things for themselves.
• Encouraging them to be active and healthy.”
Next, we’ll be sharing information from the Guide about two year olds. Watch this space!